Prebiotics are those undigestable part of some foods like bananas, garlic, onions and skin of apples which pass through your small intestine without being digested and sit in your gut allowing the fermentation process to take over. They form colonies of good bacteria and thus help you keep in prime health.
11 Best Prebiotic Supplements 2019
The 1MD Completed probiotics with Prebiotic fiber is an ideal prebiotic supplement and it contains 51 billion cultures and 11 unique strains of beneficial bacteria. More is the number of unique strains the better it is.
The 1MD complete has acid resistant capabilities hence you won’t get an upset stomach when you give it such a high dose of bacteria.
They have a NutraFlora Prebiotic Fiber which is patented and it helps in maintaining growth and vitality of Lactobacilli strains and Bifidobacteria.
Pros of 1MD Complete Probiotics with Prebiotic Fiber
- 51 billion cultures and 11 unique strains of bacteria.
- Vegan, non-GMO and soy free
- Acid resistant capability
Cons of 1MD Complete Probiotics with Prebiotic Fiber
- It doesn’t contain vitamins and minerals.
The Garden of life is a Doctor formulated prebiotic fiber. It contains Organic Fibers from the following: Organic Acacia‚ Organic Orange Peel‚ Organic Baobab Fruit‚ Organic Apple Peel and Organic Cranberry. It helps in maintaining a healthy level of blood sugar.
Garden of life Imports its acacia Gum from Senegal and follows a gentle process for manufacturing which keeps the nutrients intact. They have a USDA certified organic premium Acacia Senegal Fiber.
Pros of Garden of life organic Fiber prebiotic
- It has 90% soluble fiber which is the highest fiber content possible
- It is GMO-free and is tasteless and odorless
- It helps you in hunger control
- It doesn’t have a gummy texture
Cons of Garden of life organic Fiber prebiotic
- Some customers have complained about the small size of the retail package.
Hyperbiotics prebiotic is a mixture of prebiotic blend inulin, resistant FOS, and soluble dietary fiber. They have derived the prebiotics from acacia, Jerusalem artichoke, and green banana. It cleans your digestive system and is an effective colon cleanser. It is made from all natural ingredients.
Pros of Hyperbiotics prebiotic
- 100% food-based supplement
- Gluten free
Cons of Hyperbiotics prebiotic
- The only con is that due to 100% natural ingredients it sometimes takes a longer time to show results.
- As it is fiber based product bloating can happen to some people
Gutmeister Ultimate prebiotic is very different than other prebiotic supplements in the manner that while other prebiotic supplements work by adding beneficial bacteria to the gut Gutmeister Ulmitate prebiotic works by eliminating the harmful ones. Gutmeister does this by introducing bacteriophages which are viruses that target bad bacteria only.
Pros of Gutmeister Ultimate prebiotic
- Well reviewed product
- Affordably priced
- Free from side effects.
Cons of Gutmeister Ultimate prebiotic
- The product was not subjected to extensive clinical trials til 2018
- No money back guarantee on the product.
Prebiotin is a plant-based prebiotic fiber which is rich in oligosaccharides. These types of sugars are very good at feeding probiotic bacteria.
Prebiotin has 2 types of fibers oligofructose and inulin they are called as OEI(oligofructose-enriched inulin together. Chicory plant is the plant from which both these fibers are derived. Prebiotin does not mix any additives while preparing their product.
Pros of Prebiotin
- Using OEI fiber ensures that the fibers are well distributed throughout the colon and not concentrated on either the right or left side of the colon.
Cons of Prebiotin
- The fiber content is lower than that found in some other prebiotic supplements.
- Flatulence is observed in some people.
Genesis today is with FOS and is the only prebiotic powder available with fermented foods. It contains 17 unique strains of good bacteria. It has a high bacterial culture (45 billion).
Pros of Genesis today superfood prebiotic powder
- 100% gluten-free, non-GMO, soy and lactose-free
- 100% plant-based vegetarian supplement.
- It has no flavor
Cons of Genesis today superfood prebiotic powder
- It has a pungent aroma of fruit which might disturb some people.
- It causes bloating and gas in some people.
#7. Nutritive Advanced Prebiotic
Nutritive works on the same principle as that of gutmeister, that of killing bad bacteria in the gut through bacteriophages. Nutritive claims that in a study the growth rate of B. longum increased by 100 fold. B longum is a bacteria which helps in the digestive and immune system.
Pros of Nutritive Advanced Prebiotic
- 100% gluten and GMO-free
- No bloating or gas
- 100% vegetarian
- Can be taken in smaller doses
Cons of Nutritive Advanced Prebiotic
- The company claims that the effect is within hours and not days, this claim is questioned by many customers on their amazon review.
VH probiotics and prebiotics with cranberry is a product designed specifically for women keeping in mind their urinary tract health. Cranberry is added as a component which helps in protecting against urinary tract.
The VH probiotics and prebiotics with cranberry has three types of bacteria Lactobacillus acidophilus( good bacteria helpful in lactose intolerance, indigestion, gas) Lactobacillus Rhamnosus(helpful in diarrhea, bowel conditions, and yeast infections) Bacillus coagulans(improve the respiratory and immune system) and cranberry powder.
Pros of vH Probiotics and Prebiotics with Cranberry
- It helps in urinary tract infection along with other benefits associated with prebiotics
Cons of vH Probiotics and Prebiotics with Cranberry
- The consequence of using so many things together is that the pre-biotic content is lower than the other products reviewed here.
Believe Prebiotic fiber gummies are made from chicory root and inulin combined together they help in controlling blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol levels, improve digestion and achieve a healthy weight.
Pros of BeLive Prebiotic Fiber Gummies
- Gluten free
Cons of BeLive Prebiotic Fiber Gummies
- It has only 1.6 grams of fiber per gummy and they are loaded with sugar alcohols which doesn’t suit everyone.
Monash University has certified Regular girl products as low FODMAP(fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides and polyols) products. They cause gas, diarrhea, and constipation. Each capsule contains sunfiber a trademark fiber which is 5 grams of prebiotic which is clinically proven soluble fiber.
Pros of Regular girl Prebiotic and probiotic blend
- Increases absorption of ca,fe and zn.
- Controls hunger pangs
- Gluten free
Cons of Regular girl Prebiotic and probiotic blend
- Women only product
- Forms clumps and does not mix well with water due to its gummy nature
Benefiber has wheat dextrin as the source of fiber. Benefiber can prove beneficial in controlling cholesterol and blood sugar. Benefiber is beneficial in constipation and in controlling weight.
Pros of Benefiber
- It is tasteless
- Gluten free
- Grit-free easily mixes with water
Cons of Benefiber
- It does not have oligosaccharides which other supplements have.